What are the differences between Padang Black and Impala Black Granite?
Padang Black and Impala Black are both popular granite varieties, but they do have some differences.
1. Origin: Padang Black granite is sourced from Sumatra, Indonesia, specifically from the Padang province, while Impala Black granite is quarried in South Africa.
2. Color: Padang Black has a consistent black color with small white mineral grains scattered evenly throughout the surface. In contrast, Impala Black has a predominantly black color with silver or gray flecks and occasional golden or green accents.
3. Texture: Padang Black has a medium-grained texture, while Impala Black has a fine to medium-grained texture.
4. Durability: Both granite varieties are durable and suitable for various applications, including countertops, flooring, and wall cladding. However, Impala Black is known to be slightly denser and more durable than Padang Black, making it less prone to scratching or chipping.
5. Availability: Impala Black granite tends to be more widely available and popularly used globally, while Padang Black is more commonly found in the Asian market.
Ultimately, the choice between Padang Black and Impala Black granite will depend on personal preferences in terms of color, texture, and availability.